When it's time for you to leave our hospital, we want to make sure you're prepared for a successful recovery. Take a look at the list below to make sure you've thought of everything, and call your doctor if you have any questions once you've returned home.
Things to check before going home:
- continuing care instructions from your nurse and doctor
- personal items
- items you received while at the hospital
- valuables you deposited in the hospital's safe
- medications being held at the pharmacy
Things to do:
- Let your nurse know where you'd like packages and mail forwarded.
- Check the bathroom and bedside to make sure you’re not leaving any personal items behind.
- Make sure you have someone picking you up from the hospital.
- Make sure you and your caregiver have a clear understanding of the plan for continuing home care.
Call your primary care physician if you have any questions once you’ve returned home. They will have information from the Lake Granbury Medical Center team that supervised your care at the hospital.